Some posts on this site contain affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, I may earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you!). Read the full disclosure policy here.
Dreaming of leaving that desk job in favor of traveling the world? Starting a side hustle that you want to take full-time but can’t quit your day job just yet? Teaching English online has been popular amongst digital nomads for a couple of years now, and it is a great way to start making money while you travel and start your own business.
Here on the podcast today we have Rachel and Sasha from Grateful Gypsies, two festival-loving souls who travel the world and teach English online and are also helping others get started doing the same. They are talking all about their travels, how they got started teaching, what a day in their life looks like, the best places to live for digital nomads, and more!
Time Stamps for Teaching English Online:
- 0:12- Intro
- 0:28- Introduction to the topic
- 1:34- Updates and chat
- 5:28- Welcome to Rachel and Sasha
- 5:50- Backgrounds and how they started traveling
- 9:52- How they met and started traveling together
- 15:24- First trip together
- 17:30- Favorite and most romantic destination to visit
- 20:48- About Grateful Gypsies and how they got started
- 29:07- Paradise Pack and their course
- 31:42- How they decided to teach English in China and VIPKID
- 35:06- Typical day of teaching online
- 42:53- What destinations do they recommend for teaching English online
- 46:08- Where to find them
- 47:13- Wrap up
Helpful Links and Further Reading:
- Where to find the Grateful Gypsies:
- Grateful Gypsies Blog
- Location Indie
- Best Online English Teaching Jobs
- Everything You Need to Know to Teach English Online
- Where to Travel Summer 2019
How You Can Help:
- Rate and review us on Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Stitcher, I Heart Radio, Spotify, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest!
- Subscribe for updates!
- Check out our resource page for booking on the affiliate links we love like TripAdvisor, World Nomads, etc. We earn a small commission at no cost to you!
Pin it here!