Some posts on this site contain affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, I may earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you!). Read the full disclosure policy here.
Taking a river cruise in Europe has been up there on our bucket list for a while now. And with the rise in popularity when it comes to cruising around Europe, we had to talk to Mikkel and Dan from Sometimes Home all about it. Join us as we discuss cruising around Belgium and The Netherlands on a small, boutique-hotel style cruise ship and chat about activities, food, and more!
From tasty fries in Belgium to the lovely and immense tulip fields in The Netherlands, indulge your springtime wanderlust when it comes to exploring hidden gems all while cruising.
Time Stamps for Taking a River Cruise in Europe:
- 0:27- Intro to topic
- 1:04-Chat and updates
- 8:03- Welcome to Mikkel and Dan
- 8:17- How they started traveling
- 10:31- How they started traveling together and their first trip
- 12:01- What are river cruises in Europe like compared to ocean cruises?
- 17:16- Their itinerary for their European river cruise to Belgium and The Netherlands
- 20:34- What are the pros and cons of visiting via a river cruise versus by train, plane, etc.?
- 23:44- Most romantic spot on the river cruise?
- 25:37- What is life like on the ship?
- 27:43- Food and drink must-haves on the ship and off
- 30:31- Length of time for the cruise
- 31:34- Top experiences on the river cruise to Belgium and The Netherlands
- 33:38- Layout of the cruise ship
- 37:00- Would they do this itinerary again or once in a lifetime?
- 40:00- Where to find them
- 41:04- Wrap up
Helpful Links and Further Reading:
- Sometimes Home:
- Where to stay in Amsterdam before/after the river cruise mid-range: Ambassade Hotel
- Where to stay in Amsterdam before/after the river cruise budget: Hotel Van Gogh
- Emerald Waterways River Cruises
- 25 Things to Do Abroad Emerald Waterways River Cruise Ships
- Amsterdam River Cruise Itinerary
- Brewery they mentioned:
- Top places to travel Spring of 2019
Check out our must-have Europe river cruise essentials:
HOW YOU CAN HELP:
- Rate and review us on Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Stitcher, I Heart Radio, Spotify, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest!
- Subscribe for updates!
- Check out our resource page for booking on the affiliate links we love like TripAdvisor, World Nomads, etc. We earn a small commission at no cost to you!
Pin it here!