Some posts on this site contain affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, I may earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you!). Read the full disclosure policy here.
I don’t know about you, but I hate long layovers. I try to avoid them if at all possible, but when it came to spending a long layover in Seoul, I purposely got a flight with a 15-hour stopover!
Because Seoul Incheon airport has SO much to do! From a cinema, gardens, a shuttle to a golf course, and even an ice skating rink, you can easily stay entertained during your long layover in Seoul!
But the best part?
The FREE transit tours in Seoul! There are 7 tours that the airport offers ranging from 1-5 hours long that take you out to see some of the sites in the area before dropping you off for your flight. It’s easy, convenient, and free!
So on today’s podcast episode, we’re talking all about the best layover tour to go on, what to do in the Seoul airport, and tips to make the most out of your long layover in Seoul!
PS- do you count a transit tour as visiting the country? Would you take a transit tour of Seoul? Let us know in the comments or tweet us @wwhoneymoon, DM us on Instagram @worldwidehoneymoon, or email me at [email protected].
Time Stamps Spending a Long Layover in Seoul, South Korea:
- 0:22- Intro
- 0:43- Topic
- 2:07- Updates/chat
- 3:51- What you can do at the Seoul Incheon Airport
- 8:34- Free transit tours overview
- 12:05- List of airport transit tours that Seoul offers
- 18:18- The first stop of the tour we did
- 24:22- The second stop of the tour
- 25:17- What else we did during our long layover in at the Seoul Incheon Airport
- 26:27- Tips for the Seoul transit tour
- 31:20- Does this count as visiting South Korea?
- 34:36- Wrap up
Helpful Links and Further Reading:
- Blog posts:
- Seoul Incheon Airport website
- Seoul Free Transit Tours
- Gyeongbokgung Palace website
- Traveling internationally? We recommend World Nomads for travel insurance. It has reasonable rates and comprehensive plans, making it ideal for travelers! We use it every time we travel out of the country.
- If you’re looking for flights to Asia or Seoul, check Skyscanner! They scan various airlines around the web to make sure you get the best deal! The site also allows you to set price alerts to get notified when prices drop to book, and you can select “everywhere” when searching for destinations to find the cheapest place to fly!
How You Can Help:
- Rate and review us on Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Stitcher, I Heart Radio, Spotify, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest!
- Subscribe for updates!
- Check out our resource page for booking on the affiliate links we love like TripAdvisor, World Nomads, etc. We earn a small commission at no cost to you!
Pin it here!