Some posts on this site contain affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, I may earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you!). Read the full disclosure policy here.
Halloween is a great time of year! Autumn is at its peak with stunning foliage, candy bags line the shelves, and there is no shortage of scary movies to watch! But aside from creating your own “witch’s brew” for a Halloween party or stocking up on supplies for trick-or-treaters, why not travel to the best places to visit for Halloween!
From child-friendly Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party at Disney World to the creepy houses and ghost tours in Salem, Massachusetts, or Edinburgh, Scotland, there is no shortage of festive places to visit this time of year! Venture to Scary Derry in Northern Ireland or dress up in costume and party it up in Hong Kong. In this podcast episode, we’re talking about the origins of Halloween and where to travel across the globe to partake in this exciting holiday.
Table of Contents
Time Stamps Best Places to Visit For Halloween:
- 0:22- Intro
- 0:38- Updates/chat
- 2:45- Highlight of the week
- 5:27- Topic intro: Best places to visit for Halloween
- 6:21- Halloween origins
- 7:26- #1 best places to visit for Halloween: Derry, Northern Ireland
- 9:08- #2: Salem, Massachusettes
- 12:09- #3: Orlando, Florida
- 14:22- #4: Transylvania, Romania
- 18:39- #5: Hong Kong
- 20:50- #6: London, England
- 24:51- #7: New Orleans, Lousiana
- 26:35- #8: Sleepy Hollow, New York
- 28:17- #9: Edinburgh, Scotland
- 30:25- #10: Williamsburg, Virginia
- 31:54- Halloween Would you’s…?
- 39:46- Wrap up
Helpful Links and Further Reading:
- Relevant Podcast Episodes:
- Relevant Articles:
- Other Relevant Links:
- Summit County Fall Hiking Spree
- Samhain History
- Derry Halloween
- Salem History & Hauntings Tour
- The Witches Curse: How a Fungus May Have Led to the Salem Witch Trials
- Ergot and the Salem Witch Trials
- Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween
- Halloween Horror Nights Universal Studios
- Hong Kong Disneyland Halloween
- Tower of London Skip the Line Tickets
- Jack the Ripper Tour London
How You Can Help:
- Rate and review us on Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Stitcher, I Heart Radio, Spotify, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest!
- Subscribe for updates!
- Check out our resource page for booking on the affiliate links we love like TripAdvisor, World Nomads, etc. We earn a small commission at no cost to you!