Some posts on this site contain affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, I may earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you!). Read the full disclosure policy here.
Today on the podcast, we’re going into depth about everything you need to know about travel to Cuba. We have guests Talek and Kami Nantes joining us from Travels with Talek, a site dedicated to curious travelers who love authentic cultural experiences, food, and a bit of comfort too.
Talek and Kami have extensive travel experience to Cuba, so we are asking them every question you would have in regards to traveling as an American to Cuba, where to go, how long to visit, etc. Take a listen in and learn all about our guests and their travel experiences as well as all things travel to Cuba.
Table of Contents
Time Stamp Travel to Cuba:
- 0:22- Intro and topic
- 1:30- Talek and Kami backgrounds/travel experience
- 7:19- When they first started traveling together
- 9:53- Why do they recommend Cuba?
- 12:30- Recommendations on where to stay
- 13:55- Food in Cuba | Where to eat in Cuba
- 15:46- How Cuba has changed over the years
- 21:10- How to travel to Cuba as an American
- 24:53- Is Cuba safe to visit?
- 26:03- Where else to visit around the country
- 31:15- How to get around Cuba
- 35:40- Best experiences in Cuba
- 39:58- Romantic spots in Cuba
- 42:00- Their favorite restaurants in Cuba
- 44:50- Agromarkets in Cuba
- 46:35- Would they recommend and go back?
- 47:17- Length of time to visit | Best time to visit Cuba
- 49:24- Where you can find them
- 50:00- Wrap up
Helpful Links and Further Reading:
- Where to find Travels with Talek:
- Cuba articles
- Where to stay in Cuba
- Hotels you can’t visit in Cuba as an American citizen
- Food in Cuba
- San Cristóbal
- Paladar Doña Eutimia
- What to eat
- Goat stew
- Ropa vieja
- Amazing spots
- Fábrica de Arte Cubano
- El Malecòn
- Getting around Cuba
- Viazul Buses
- Where to Visit
- Valley Vinãles
- Santiago de Cuba
- Alejandro de Humboldt National Park
How You Can Help:
- Rate and review us on Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Stitcher, I Heart Radio, Spotify, or wherever you get podcasts!
- Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest!
- Subscribe for updates!
- Check out our resource page for booking on the affiliate links we love like TripAdvisor, World Nomads, etc. We earn a small commission at no cost to you!
Pin it here!